Main menu

weather info
Riga +1.5 °C
  • A
  • A
  • A
Easy to read

Attention! From January 12, if you are vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19 and have an EU digital Covid-19 certificate, you no longer need a negative test to enter Latvia from the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Ireland, Germany or Russia! Find out more here!

Movement of goods and cash



When travelling to the European Union (EU) member states, there are no restrictions on transportation of purchased or carried goods, provided that such goods are intended for personal use and not for sale. However, it should be taken into account that there are certain product groups listed in the regulatory acts, to which specific imports restrictions in terms of transportation and quantity are applied, such as tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, coffee etc.

When arriving by air in the EU from a non-member state of the EU, no customs duty or VAT tax is charged on the traveller’s baggage if its total value does not exceed 430 euros per person. Children under 15 years of age can bring goods for personal use at the value not exceeding 285 euros.

Actual information is available on the homepage of the State Revenue Service. 


Declaring cash

Crossing the State border of the Republic of Latvia (both on arrival and departure) in places, which are also the external border of the European Union, any natural person must declare cash if it is equivalent to or exceeds 10 000 euros, submitting a written declaration of the cash.

Actual information is available on the homepage of the State Revenue Service. 



Information regarding transportation of food products for personal use is available on the website of the Food and Veterinary Service.