“The completion deadlines are very tight and require a high level of accuracy in order to affect airport operations as little as possible. However, both passengers and carriers alike will benefit from the implementation of this project of improving the airport infrastructure,” Aldis Mūrnieks, CEO of Riga International Airport, noted.
During the construction work, the runway of Riga International Airport will be closed for flights between midnight and 6 a.m. We kindly ask for understanding from our passengers during the construction.
In the period until 31 August 2014, we plan to carry out the following work:
• Renovation of runway surface;
• Improvement of the airstrip and the security area at the end of the runway;
• Construction of two new taxiways;
• Upgrade of the runway lighting system;
• Reconstruction of the rainwater and airfield drainage system;
• Reconstruction of aprons 2 and 3;
• Construction of two new de-icing areas;
• Construction of a vehicle washing hangar;
• Construction of a waste collection area;
• Installation of a CAT II lighting system on the taxiways.
We wish to remind that the project Development of the infrastructure of the Riga International Airport is co-financed by the European Union. The total cost of the project amounts to LVL 81 million. The project is co-financed from the Cohesion Fund in the amount of LVL 41,114,034 and the State Budget in the amount of LVL 8,255,847. The remaining funding is furnished by the airport.
On 1 November, State JSC Riga International Airport entered into a contract with the winner of a restricted tender – a partnership of FCC, Hochtief and ACB – regarding the performance of construction work as part of the project Development of the infrastructure of the Riga International Airport.