The tour operator Mouzenidis Travel on Wednesday, 4 June, launched flights from Riga to the greenest and most popular Greek island Corfu. The flights will be operated by the tour operator’s private airline Ellinair.
The flights are scheduled for Wednesdays and Sundays and they will be performed on Boeing 737-300 aircraft.
To celebrate this event, the passengers of the first flight were treated to a special cake decorated as a fabulous Corfu beach and to the Greek wine from the vineyard owned by the Mouzenidis Travel holding company.
- Jekaterina Solovjova, Director of Mouzenidis Travel Riga Office, and Andis Damlics, Member of the Board of Riga International Airport.
- The special cake made for the first flight.
The Greek tour operator Mouzenidis Travel already for more than 19 years has been developing itineraries for recreation in Greece and has won good reputation in the tourism industry. Every season the company offers tourists new holiday opportunities connecting the Greek islands and seaside resorts with numerous European cities. This year, the flight frequency to the island of Corfu has grown significantly due to additional flights performed by the operator’s own air carrier Ellinair. Apart from the flights to Corfu, in the summer season of 2014 Ellinair twice a week flies from Riga to Thessaloniki.
The Island of Corfu:
• Wonderful climate and rich nature: 100% clean environment, the mild weather of the Ionian Sea.
• Fabulous beaches: 200 km of golden sand and sand-pebble beaches. On the eastern coast of Corfu the sea is calm and clear. The rocky, scenic western coast of the island is suitable for diving and hiking.
• Excursions: The Old Town of Corfu is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• The landmarks of the island: the president’s summer palace of Mon Repos, The Achilleion Palace commissioned by Elisabeth of Austria (Sisi), the scenic Pontikonisi (‘the Mouse Island’). Apart from the guided tours of the island, the cruises are arranged from Corfu to the islands of Paxos and Anti Paxos, and to the mainland of Greece: the Monasteries of Meteora built on the rocks and the town of Kastoria – the capital of fur trade.
• The exclusive offer of Mouzenidis Travel for the season of 2014 is an air trip to the Italian town of Bari and a visit to the Basilica di San Nicola, an important pilgrimage destination both for Roman Catholics and Orthodox Christians from Eastern Europe.
• The season’s top hotel recommended by Mouzenidis Travel experts is Dassia Chandris Hotel & SPA 4* situated in the popular Dassia resort: attractive special offers, excellent service, wonderful green surroundings, and a beautiful beach. Catering type: All Inclusive Light (LAL) and HB.
• Amusements for every taste: numerous shops, bars, clubs and taverns. Rich yacht clubs, sailing and diving centres, and the Water Village Aquatic Park.
• Real miracles: one of the most visited places in Corfu is St Spiridon’s Church wherein lies the preserved body of the patron saint of the island visited by the local folk and tourists who approach the saint with their various requests.
• Corfu is an ideal destination for couples wishing to enjoy their time together, for friendly companies, families with kids seeking activities and fun and those preferring respectability, modern conveniences and exclusive service.
Information jointly with Mouzenidis Travel prepared by:
Head of Communications
SJSC Riga International Airport
GSM: +371 26334727
T: +371 67207694