Riga Airport is the largest air cargo hub in the Baltic region, which offers multi-modal logistics solutions, high-quality service and a favourable cooperation platform.
Riga Airport has set a goal to become a significant aviation centre of Northern Europe within the following years, that way promoting connectivity and competitiveness of Latvia within the region.
- We are the largest and the most central airport in the Baltic states handling all aircraft types without restrictions
- Fast direct access to Western European and Scandinavian markets
- Lowest Airport charges in the region
- Border checkpoint & customs checkpoint - open 24/7
- More than 5,000 m2 of indoor storage space and more than 10,000 m2 of outdoor storage space with concrete pavement
- We handle all types and sizes of cargo — food, general cargo, fito, veterinary, dangerous goods, equipment, oversized cargo etc.
- Choice of experienced and professional cargo handlers
- Handling time of B747 aircraft (inbound and outbound cargo) approx. 2.5 hours
- Weekly capacity up to 50 B747 cargo aircraft
- We are certified to handle B747-8F aircraft
- We have no slot restrictions
- Reserves for ad hoc refuelling 6,000m³
- Distribution of fuel within the airfield is through an underground hydrant system
- Multi-modal logistics solutions (plane + truck, plane + ferry, plane + plane, plane + train)
- Wide sea port and road feeder service
- Excellent connectivity ensured by local airline partner airBaltic
- Additional opportunities will be provided by the planned connection to the Rail Baltica high speed railway line in the future