You don’t need to have sensitive skin to be interested in this article.
According to dermatologists, aestheticians and skin care enthusiast, everyone should take care of their skin while travelling. Luckily, it’s even easier to do it in 2023.
Airplane Skin is a direct consequence of fluctuating humidity. From the beginning of our travel until the landing, the skin becomes increasingly dry and thirsty for hydration. Fortunately, this year there are very sophisticated formulas that can target this issue!
To start with, divide your travel into three stages
- Before leaving home, on the plane, after landing. It is very important to prepare your skin for the upcoming dryness, humidity and dehydration at the airport. Therefore, before you leave home cleanse and moisturize your skin by using products according to your skin type. If you have very dry skin you can always start your preparation the night before your travel by using a hydrating face mask with a hydrating overnight cream. On the morning of the flight, apply an under-eye treatment, vitamin C serum and hydration-boosting moisturizer. The more hydration you can deliver to skin, the better. Note that there is a wide range of brands that sell these products, however, the key is to select formulas that are compatible with your own skin type. At ATU DUTY FREE you can find this year’s well recommended products for all skin types - dry, oily and combination skin:
- MADARA SOS Hydra Recharge Cream, 50 ml
- Clinique Moisture Surge 96-Hour Hydro-Filler Concentrate, 15 ml
- DIOR Hydralife Day Cream, 50 ml
- During the flight, the air on airplanes is dry and recirculated, which can disrupt your skin's outer layer and cause inflammation. The first step is to drink plenty of water and improve your hydration level starting from the inside. Secondly, most of the skin-care enthusiasts suggests using a hydrating mist since they are easier and more hygienic to apply on the plane. Finally do not forget your lips! Low humidity increases evaporation from the lips and causes dryness and cracking says. Passengers are permitted to bring solid cosmetic items on the plane so you can choose to bring a lip balm with SPF that contains hydrating and moisturizing ingredient. Such products at ATU DUTY FREE are:
- MADARA SOS Lip Hydra Rescue Balm, 4.5 g
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist, 50 ml
- Biotherm Beurre de Levres, Replumping & Smoothing Lip Balm, 13 ml
- The last stage is the post-flight period. All of that recirculated air (and more importantly, the recirculated microbes) can build up on your skin during a flight. It’s always a good idea to immediately cleanse your skin (even if you can only manage a face wipe) after disembarking to help prevent breakouts. Here are some related products that you can find at ATU DUTY FREE to complete your airplane skin care routine as:
- Clarins Cleansing Hydrating Gentle Foaming Cleanser, 125 ml
- Sisley Eau Efficace Gentle Make-Up Remover, 300 ml
- Ecooking Cleansing Gel, 200 ml
All in all, everyone with any type of skin should be extra attentive while travelling. One should know that flight-ready skincare routine did not emerge after Covid or any other pandemic circumstances. The fluctuating humidity levels of airplanes and their effects on the skin has always been carefully discussed by many professionals of the field. Therefore, we should always take care of our skin, regardless of an emerging virus or an unexpected break-out after a flight. As mentioned above, start your routine by learning about your skin type and select deeply hydrating serums and moisturizers accordingly. Be sure to choose products that are convenient for in flight-use and always nourish your skin both from inside and out!